Sunday, 15 June 2014

40K 7th edition and a new army ???

This news caught me off guard a bit considering the fact that we've only been two years with 6th ed but then considering all the changes that have been made over the last few months from the revamped White Dwarf to the new look web site which I personally love it seems now that it was almost inevitable the question now is What are we getting for our starter box? I want to say that the unlikely ones are Nids, Orks and Chaos but Battle for Macragge was a decade ago. OMG I'm getting old... Anyway, Orks and Chaos are unlikely Nids are a maybe but what else is there: Demons would be cool as we've not seen them in a "game in a box," it's then a case of what god would be highlighted if not all of them (which in a small 500pt force would be tough and potentially dull) all I can say to that is praise Nurgle. There is also Necrons, Demons, Eldar and Dark Eldar, Tau (I doubt GW would include another Imperial army as this would be hard to justify).

7th edition is a bit different in a number of other ways most impressively for me is that It's not just one book any moor but three of the bastards. The first is the rules, the second is the fluff and back stories and the third is a rather impressive hobby section displaying some awesome photos and armies. What this means as a player is that you don't have to lug this fuck off massive tome around just the single rule book which is pretty awesome. I don't have a copy yet but as a the thing looks absoluitly spectacular I think I might have to. It might tempt me back into the gaming side of the hobby again as I haven't played a game in almost two years. What might also tempt me back in is the number of awesome new army re vamps there are, the one that caught my eye was the Imperial Guard or as they are now known Astra Millitarum.

Of course the first thing I'll be picking up is the Codex but after that, then what? You'll just have to fucking wait and see now won't you, you cheeky little turds.

No comments:

Post a Comment