So unlike Watch Dogs I only really gave a turd until I saw some of the crap you could do and only got exited when I say the live action and launch trailers. An practically over night I've gone from, "meh, if I see some stuff I like I'll pick up a copy," to "gimme dem special editions..." The issue with that plan is... I'm fucking skint... But if I wasn't I'd buy it on launch. Assuming that I do get it here are the five things that I'm looking forward to most about DESTINY.
5- Character creation/customisation- If you haven't noticed yet from a few of my other posts, I am a massive fan of rpg's especially when there is the option to customise and better still create your own character. There is something awesome about knowing that the chance of finding a character with exactly the same gear as you (even at lower levels) is massively slim, you can be sure that I will be spending hours on this element alone.
4- Class locked weapons or rather the lack of- A common annoyance with many rpgs and mmos is that weapons are often locked to specific class which as an adaptive player really pisses me off to no end. I was rather happy to find while playing the BETA that none of the main guns were set to different classes. Of course each class has it's own traits and abilities that make them unique.
3- Living environment- I mentioned something like this in my Watch Dogs Top 5, of course the two games are totally different in most aspects so each will do something differently. Bungi have made enthuses on community based activities such as Raids and Strikes (can't remember which is which) in which a team of players make their way through "dungeons" in search of rare loot. There is mention of the day and night cycle which on it's own is nothing new but how it impacts these group events is massive e.g. During the day we will see a large number of guards whereas the force is considerably lessened during the night which drives players to plan in advance as to how they are going to tackle the mission and when, especially as they are meant to be crazy hard.
2- Sparrows- these are the small speeder bike things that we've see a lot about, allowing quick traversing of the lengthy environments, I can imagine groups of friends racing these in the "free roam," exploration mode.
1- Evolving world- since the BETA there have been a few complaints that for an MMORPG Destiny is too small. A this point I don't want to say anything as I only played about five hours of the Beta. Bungi have said that there is only one area per planet but as the game goes on they will be expanding the world and giving players more to do. I have my doubts we will get anything major until November when the first expansion goes live.
No comments:
Post a Comment