Reviews and rants from the big British mouth for when i cant be bothered with Youtube...
Wednesday, 3 September 2014
NEW STUDENTS...
It's that time of the year again, students all over the world are making what may be the biggest leap of their lives, leaving home. Many many act tough, claiming that they aren't nervous but in reality their shitting themselves. I was when I left for residential college at an age where many wouldn't have even started to look at uni and I might have left a little brown one here and there but on the other side it felt great, I may have failed most of the courses I'd set out to complete but I can honestly say that nothing will make me forget those two year. More on topic now is the issue of food, some universities will have catering services an most will have something for during study time but the issue is then what do you do after that, with so many places to go and eat nowadays it's easy to go for the same place and the same thing every time. One alternative that I only really thought about because my mum asked me to go shopping was the idea of discount supermarkets, Aldi and Lidl. A few people may turn their noses up at the idea of discount foods but when you're paying £70+ a week for your room, £20+ a week on clubbing and generally being a student you don't have a massive amount of cash to spend on actually staying alive. Just 99p for a pack of noodles, 99p for seasoning you've got a very basic meal for less than some dodgy take away (one that is massively tempting to order from every time you pass it mind you but dodgy all the same). Most pizzas are under £2 for a good 6" meat feast. So next time you go shopping and you're paying £30 for your weekly shopping at Tesco you may have only payed £15 at Aldi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment