DAY 26- Anime based on games- It's no secret that most anime series based on games suck big time. The issue is a simple one. They over think it, It's all well and good taking a massively popular game like Dead Space or Mass Effect and turning it in to a half arsed money grabber, totally another to make something at least half watchable. I should mention that I did enjoy the first Dead Space tie in, the second installment however was absolutely shite. A game I would however love to see as an anime with the right team behind it would be Dark Souls. Done right this dark, gothic IP would make one hell of an anime with the same potential as Berserk. Of course it couldn't be a movie or even a series of movies. It would have to be at least 24 episodes long to fit in all of the rich mythology and horror tinged lore.
Reviews and rants from the big British mouth for when i cant be bothered with Youtube...
Wednesday, 7 May 2014
30 DAY ANIME CHALLENGE DAY 26
DAY 26- Anime based on games- It's no secret that most anime series based on games suck big time. The issue is a simple one. They over think it, It's all well and good taking a massively popular game like Dead Space or Mass Effect and turning it in to a half arsed money grabber, totally another to make something at least half watchable. I should mention that I did enjoy the first Dead Space tie in, the second installment however was absolutely shite. A game I would however love to see as an anime with the right team behind it would be Dark Souls. Done right this dark, gothic IP would make one hell of an anime with the same potential as Berserk. Of course it couldn't be a movie or even a series of movies. It would have to be at least 24 episodes long to fit in all of the rich mythology and horror tinged lore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment