DAY 27- Best anime setting- just about every Miyazaki film could take this spot if not every Ghibli film but there has to be one so as one of the most visually arresting films I can think of this goes to Spirited away. Anime fan or not I can not bring myself to fully trust anyone who hasn't at least seen part of this film (that doesn't mean I don't love my parents, I just don't trust them). A film that can be taken as anime's (original) answer to Alice in Wonderland with it's opening ten minutes coaxing your jaw open where it hangs inches from the floor for the remainder of the film, as it grabs you again and again with it's visuals, story telling and character development. The setting is astounding mixing classic Japanese architecture and mythology.
I swear I'm not a fanboy.
Okay maybe just a little.

No comments:
Post a Comment