Monday, 7 April 2014

30 DAY ANIME CHALLENGE DAY 7




DAY 7- Favourite supporting character? - this was tough as I often find myself liking the supporting cast more than the main roster. So for this it was a tight fight between, Momo Hinamori (Bleach), Lieutenant Tetsu (Saikano) and Reki (Hidan no Aria). So as these are among my favourite shorting characters and that honest to the gods that may be, it has taken me a day to decide I will go into all three characters individually and then give you lucky people my final verdict.
   In a show full of nutters and people who logically shouldn't be able to do what they do Momo stands out as rather normal, the situation she gets herself involved with is on the outside something visually entertaining but on a deeper level we've all been there. Trusting someone only for them to disappear an reappear out of the blue to stab you in the back (or gut as it were). It is soul destroying (pun not intended) when you trust someone only to be thrown aside like a bit of shit on their shoe that is why Momo is one of my favorite supporting characters in anime.
   Tetsu was just plain entertaining, he was such a dick at times and a good man in others and keeping with the series theme of be who you are he doesn't act up to people he is just a great character and his death was a punch in the balls especially after reading the manga to find out that he was killed by Frienchies. He's just a general badass. I just wish he'd had a bigger part in the series because he was an interesting character, it would have been interesting to get a bit more insight into his other relationship (the one involving a walking killing machine, barely old enough to drink). Better still an OVA cented around him rather than some whiny bitch.
   With a tag line like "I am a single bullet" how could I not include this Dragunov wielding badass, a friend of mine even compared her to Bleach's Hitsugaya which given some thought is easier to see that you'd originally think. There's not a huge amount you can say about her as unlike the other two characters on this list she's somewhat of an enigma.
   To conclude I'm going to have to give the number 1 spot to Momo for simple fact of how much I and so many other people I've spoken to could relate to her as a character.

To Counterbalance the two small pictures of badasses I had to find the cutest pic I could find and this is pretty damn cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment