Friday, 7 March 2014

Whitechapel: The Saw is the Law... review

Metal blade records dropped the lyric video for The saw is the law on the 26th of February. The song is part of Whitechapel's fifth full length album set to be released on the 29th of April (I'd assume that that's the US release date with the EU and the rest of the world following in a couple days time).

I'd like to say that the track is something fresh, interesting and new and that it gives the band a new feel but unfortunately (in my opinion, not that I don't like what the band is doing) there's nothing new. For first time listeners and metal newbies it's still as intimidating as watching a BOTDF concert in a motion controlled electric chair. There's not much to say about it, the opening and breakdown are the two best bits of the track but apart from that it's vanilla deathcore and vanilla Whitechapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment